Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Window Love Story



Folks! I fell in love recently. This is a letter (call it a poem) I wrote to my girlfriend a few days after we both personally declared our love legal i.e. when I proposed her and got the certificate of acceptance. This letter was about how beautifully God had crafted our love story. (Believe me! I’m not a poet, but had to write it for her)






Darling,

……

You opened your window
I opened mine,
Our eyes met, our souls met
The moment divine…

I could see your pretty face
Through your room’s blue light,
The eyes that charmed me
Never went out of sight…

I fell for your looks
Your gaze and your hair,
You trapped me big time
And it’s not at all fair…

You closed your window
I closed mine,
And I kept thinking of you
Almost all the time…

It was my new house
The window view was nice,
As long as I could see you
It was worth the price…

Everyday I stood there
To get a glimpse of you,
And soon I realized
You did the same too…

Then came the day
When you smiled at me,
Aw!! That lovely smile
One really had to see…

We shifted our gears
From smiles to actions,
Here went a glance
And you gave reactions…

Kisses after kisses
Went flying through the sky,
My hopes of getting you
Went high and high…

And one fine day
On the terrace we met,
Better chance than this
I thought I wouldn’t get…

We came closer
Not knowing what to do,
You stared at me
And I hugged you…

You pushed me away
And stepped aside,
The smile on my face
Subsequently died…

My eyes were on you
As you walked away,
Wished you’d turn back
And make my day…

At last you turned around
When the railing came,
You smiled and vanished
And I did the same…

That smile was enough
To help me let know,
It was not just me
You too loved me so…

Since, started our saga
Made in the heaven above,
I just couldn’t believe
That we were in love…

……..

Forever yours

Hugs, kisses and terabytes of Love
Mani…




Guys, this is how ‘I’ became ‘we’ and soon after few months of a perfect relationship, I realized I had jumped into a bottomless pit knowingly. Troubles started. The girl, who looked beautiful earlier, started looking like a witch. Her eyes, which were pearls earlier, now looked like those of a giant squid. Her hair didn’t interest me now and her lips seemed to have been bitten by bees. (She had the same opinion about me, by the way). She was a torture to me every second. Every time I saw her, I felt like being shown the middle finger. The windows which used to be open 24*7, never opened now (at least I didn’t dare to).

But, the bad thing was that we didn’t break-up. Our so called relationship was still hanging on the edge of a cliff which I often thought of shaking it up and sending it straight down. But neither of us did that.

One day I received a letter from her asking me to forget everything and become ‘we’ again. That probably meant I had to climb up the bottomless pit, come up and again jump into it. It was more funny than strange. I took a mammoth decision and replied her with a letter. That second letter of mine was the funny part of our love story. Well! unknowingly, i had sculpted a sequel for my struggles...

-Mani

No comments:

Post a Comment